– 6 slices thick-cut bacon
– 1 cup spinach
– 6 large eggs
– 6 tablespoons whole milk
– Salt and pepper, to taste
– Preheat oven to 400°F.- Heat a large skillet over medium. Add bacon and cook 3 to 4 minutes, until fats cooks off but not crispy. Remove from pan and set aside.
– Add spinach to pan and cook until just wilted, about 2 minutes, stirring. Remove and set aside.
– Lightly brush 6 muffin tins or ramekins with bacon drippings left in skillet. Coil bacon slices around the bottom of each tin, making the nest. Divide spinach evenly inside each tin. Gently crack 1 egg into each in, leaving yolk intact. Top each in with 1 tablespoon milk; season lightly with salt and pepper.
– Bake until eggs are slightly set but still soft, about 13 minutes. Remove with a spoon and serve immediately.
Notes about this recipe:
Baked eggs might be the most understated statement of fine cuisine. Here the French classic is done by baking the eggs in a bacon-lined shell. Your guests will simply adore this light but luscious dish.