This savory salad will be an instant hit at any meal, whether you serve it as a first course or accompanying a hearty steak or pork loin. Tender baby spinach, zesty blood oranges, and sweet roasted beets are mixed with creamy goat cheese and drizzled with a balsamic vinaigrette. Roast the beets ahead of time and add to the salad before serving for an easy side dish that is bursting with flavor.
– 2 (1 lb) bags baby spinach, washed and dried
– 4 large beets
– 2 blood oranges
– 8 oz goat cheese crumbles
– 4 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
– 4 Tbsp olive oil
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Scrub beets and cut off tops. Place on baking sheet and bake 35-40 minutes until tender and easily pierced with a knife.- Remove beets from oven and cool 10 minutes or until cool enough to handle. Skins should easily peel off. Cut beets into ¾” cubes and set aside.
– Peel blood oranges and cut segments into halves. Set aside.
– In large bowl layer baby spinach, blood oranges, beets and goat cheese. Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar, and serve immediately.